Wednesday, February 6, 2013

When God gave us QUEST



After the miscarriage on 7 February 2012, I grieved but prayed at the same time to become pregnant again by May 2012 so I can give birth, God willing, by February 2013.

On May 30th, my prayer was answered and I got positive home pregnancy test result.

After three days, it was confirmed by hospital pregnancy test that God heard my prayer.
Even before I had pregnancy test, I kind of felt that I was pregnant because 1) I never missed my period for more than 4 days, 2) there were times when I felt dizzy during my work out  3) And I always wake up in the middle of the night hungry and wanting to pee.

I started to have food aversions at 6 weeks. My first few favorite food that I began to loathe were vegetable tempura and lasagna. Eventually, I didn't like the sight, smell and taste of chicken and beef and can only eat fish, vegetables and fruits. There were many days during the first trimester that I have to think hard about what I want to eat. Otherwise, I just had bread.

Week 8

During the first trimester, my husband, Eli, was sleepy as early as 8pm. Not sure how it was connected to my pregnancy but he was never like that.

But he knows how to spoil me.


At 14 weeks, my bump is already showing! Or was I just too full? :)


We went for the first ultrasound on 5th August. Are we excited or what? :)





Elijah took the photo and even said that the baby was doing a thumbs up. Not sure if the baby is boy or girl yet but knowing that he/she is healthy and that everything is normal is more than enough for us.


On my 17th week, we met up with Kuya Allan and Ate Vicky, our churchmates from Manila, who visited Brunei on 26 August.


On 18th September,I was up from 1am to 3am because the little one kept on moving. And whenever I say, "baby, let's get some sleep", gagalaw pa lalo. So playful, mana sa tatay. But my heart smiled all the while. :)



                              
Eli's Facebook post on 21 October (@6 months): Prize from PLANTSA, HEADSET to BATA!!! hahaha running career is put on HOLD!!! wahahahaha




Since 28th Oct, my current favorite pastime is watching my belly move everytime the little one somersaults. :)


@28 weeks (10 Nov):I saw Elijah saving the nearest route to the hospital (which is 5 mins away) on his gadget. Child, it's either your father is super excited or he's starting to panic. 

At 32 weeks on my 32nd birthday (8th December)! What a blessing!

We're also blessed to receive treats from Tito and Titas. Thank you!




Family shopped for Quest again! And Tito is already "breaking-in" the pacifier!






Eli's kept on dreaming about Quest too!

5th January
Eli was giggling while asleep so I woke him up and asked him if he's dreaming. When he woke up he said, "Si Quest eh, ang ingay ingay. Sabi nya, "Nanay! Nanay!" So cute.:)

(Trying hard) Game Face On at 38 weeks! Thank God I reached full term!


2 February, 11.50 am- I delivered our 7.7lbs Quest. God tested my faith during labor and delivery but walked me through each wave of pain with help from doctors, nurses, families and friends who prayed for us and of course, my birth coach, my husband, Elijah.











When God gave us Quest, we know we are abundantly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment