Monday, April 15, 2013

Eligay: Year Two

On our second year, nothing major happened.
We just had Quest.
What's the big deal with that?
Everything!

Let's have a little recap...

By the end of May 2012, we learned that we have a bun in the oven. I remember waking you up at 2am and I showed you the positive pregnancy test result. Do you remember your reaction? You said, "Ehhhhh..." then dozed off. :)


During my pregnancy, you shared my appetite for food, you were snoring as early as 8pm, and we fought like kids over whether to make the room warm (because of your allergy) or cold (because I always felt warm).


We transferred to a bigger room one week before I gave birth and I applaud you for carrying our stuff all by yourself.

But for me, the highlight of our second year was when you accompanied me at the delivery room. We were just there for four hours but even until now it still feels like the longest four hours of our lives. You patiently massaged my back through each of my intensifying contraction and you held my hand while I was in pain. You coached me when I was having difficulty in pushing.

You were so brave that you even took a picture of Quest the moment he got out!

And while we were in the delivery room, you were also coordinating your family's trip from airport to our house. I cannot thank them enough for their love and support toward us especially during their stay in Brunei.

You also braved the Brunei road and drove to visit me at the hospital and also be with your family at our house even if you're not supposed to drive. Shhh! That's our secret. :)

Last March, we had another bump on the road, which caused us to be apart for 3 weeks. I held back my tears when I drove you to the airport but I cried the moment I lied down beside Quest at home. I believe it was the most painful postpartum blue I had but I thank God for the comfort.

When you got back, you were fully armed and ready for fatherhood! And Quest may not say it yet but I know he adores you and looks up to you a lot! Thanks for all the creative stuff that you did for Quest. I'm sure he appreciates them.




I didn't know what to expect in terms of how Quest will change our lives but he did turn our lives around! No more TV time, no more taking a nap after arriving from work. Sometimes, even going out for a walk requires major decision making.


But I'm blessed we have him and more so, I'm blessed we still have each other.

Thank you for still being my buddy, bestfriend, and lover. I'm joyful that even through the challenges we are facing now, we still find ourselves laughing most of the time even in the littlest of things, even things that don't make sense, even things that others won't laugh about.

There will still be bumps on the road, I know, but as long as God is on the throne and as long as we focus on our love and commitment to each other and to Quest, everything will work out fine.

So how about another baby maybe in 2 to 3 years? Yes? :)

I love you Bubu! Happy 2nd anniversary! ;)


1 comment:

  1. aaaaaaaawwww... happy anniversary eligay? where's the gif elay.. sabi mo meron na.

    ReplyDelete